Mail payment to Anthony Houle 44 Parkway Drive Yorkville, IL 60560
Make checks payable to Newark Sportsmen 's Club. Check must be received two (2) days before of competition.
A $10.00 fee, for each competition date, will be used to pay-expenses. Although we hope to create a low-pressure competition for shooters with limited experience, a safe environment must be maintained, and violating basic gun safety rules will be grounds for disqualification from competition. This is NOT a competition, or training day, for NEW SHOOTERS! Competitors must have a basic familiarity with their .22 rifle and gun safety rules. One of the goals of these competitions is to provide additional experience to shooters; however, we believe that NSC members should (prior to competition) bring their family members to practice at the NSC gun range at 50 yards. Although club members can compete, they are encouraged to aid the young and/or less experienced shooters during the competition. The NSC rifle range is not large. We are limiting the number of competitors to the first 30 paid entries. This competition is open to the public.
IMPORTANT GENERAL RULES:
• .22 LR Rifles only with .22 LR ammunition (Rifle is a firearm with a rifled bore, designed to be fired from the shoulder)
• No pistols
• These two (2) competitions are open to participants who can legally own or handle a firearm at the NSC
• Eye and ear protection are required
• Basic rules of firearm safety must be followed by everyone, at all times.
• All firearm; must be in a case when brought to the range
• Participants can only compete in one division, using one (1) rifle.
• Accidental and/or negligent discharges, as well as unsafe gun handling, will result in match disqualification
• Newark Sportsman's Club Range Rules apply. The Newark Sportsman's Club Range will be closed on days of competition from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• All shooting at the match must be done for score. NO LIVE AMMUNITION IS USED TO PRACTICE during the match.
• A range safety officer will resolve all competition issues (i.e., tie breaker)
1. Open:1 - Scopes, Optical Sights, Light Gathering Scopes, Battery Powered Optics, or Lasers
2. Limited - Iron Sights; Adjustable and Fiber Optics are Allowed
Special Recognition Categories:
1. Open Top Youth - less than 15 years old
2. Open Top Senior - 15 and older
3. Limited Top Youth - less than 15 years old
4. Limited Senior - 15 and older
Competition Rifles, Magazines, and ammo:
• Single shot rifles are not recommended.
• Two (2) ten-shot magazines are recommended. Each competitor will fire 20 bullets; 1O seated at 50 yards and 1O standing at 25 yards.
• Larger capacity magazines can be used; however, they MUST NOT be loaded with more than 10 rounds.
• Only .22 LR ammo can be used
• Tubular magazines may be loaded with ten (10) rounds
If 2 mechanical problems occur, the participant will be given the opportunity to repair the firearm during the 60 second shooting time. No additional time will be given to a competitor.