Trap Range Report
Newark Sportsmen’s club has two trap fields and boasts one of the only wobble trap fields in the area. Whether it is for shooting practice or games, the club encourages shooters of all skill levels to come out. Trap shoots are held every Friday night from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. April through the end of October. Trap shoots are also held during the club breakfasts starting March 29th through October 25th on the last Sunday of the month, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
A trap shooting membership will begin and end as the same calendar year as a regular club membership. A trap shooting membership will entitle a membership reduced fee for shooting trap. The fee will be decided by the trap chairman. A trap shooting membership will not entitle the member to any other club functions or facility. The fee can only be changed at the annual meeting.
All shoots are open to the public. Newark Sportsmen’s Club likes to see new shooters come out and will even show novices the ropes in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Newark Sportsmen’s Club has hosted leagues in the past and may do so again if people show enough interest. We play Annie's and Protection. Cost to shoot Trap for Members is $5.00, seniors 65 and older and juniors 17 and under is $4.00 and for Non-Members it is $6.00. Come out and shoot with us! For more information contact Randy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trap Range Rules
1. All guns shall be open and empty when in racks or being carried to or from the shooter station.
2. No shot larger than 7 1/2 at any time, periodically 9 shot must be used when deemed necessary by the trap chairman for our neighbor's safety.
3. Light field and trap loads are permitted.
4. Eye and ear protection is required when on the trap range.
5. No snap caps in the club house.